• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Very short term window graphics

rfulford

I am in need of a 1 step replacement for the following process. I am currently printing on 13oz smooth blockout vinyl and applying GBC Artic Low Tack. The product is a trade show window graphic that can be applied quickly with little labor and no worries about stretching or bubbles. The term of the graphic is approximately 1 week. The client insists that the product be matte, low tac or cling, little to no stretch and have some light blocking capability such as a gray adhesive at the least. Any ideas?

iSign

Matt from advantage sign supply (a long time Signs 101 supporter) was just telling me about a low-tack removable window film the other day, for possible use in place of static cling on a job I inquired about. I don't have any more details, but Matt Mollenbeek is in their Grand Rapids location, so you could give him a call.

Jim Schneck

We use the 6 mil wall films for project like this. We tried both Oracal and Avery. We prefer the avery 2611. No lamination or transfer tape required because of the 6 mil thickness.

TheSnowman

Does it have to be used again, or just removed easily? We use 3621 all day long for short term removable things. Don't even have to heat it up and it will peel right off.

rfulford

Does it have to be used again, or just removed easily? We use 3621 all day long for short term removable things. Don't even have to heat it up and it will peel right off.

These will never be used again. They will go up and come down within 3 to 5 days typically. Ease of installation and removal is big here. These guys want to be able to apply 30 or so clings as fast as possible.

On another note, I looked at the Avery 2611 and I think I will pitch it to my client but it lacks the gray adhesive the client is wants. Same thing with Wall Noodle. Occasionally, these go back to back on the window inside & outside windows.