• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

very strange behaviour

gabagoo

I have a re occuring job that I run for another sign shop and I print a gradient and then laminate it to a non glare frosted acrylic for them.
The file is set up from 1 square box 6" x 6" and I multiply it up to do 40 pieces at a time.

They cut the plexi so that they just fit on and then they run it through a tables saw and then router each piece down for a nice edge.

Now I ran 10 panels for them and as i was laminating them to the plexi I noticed on a few that one side was about 1/2" short. I stopped and wondered why that was and then figured that maybe it was just easier for them to give me this couple of larger pieces of acrylic so that they did not have to cut it down to size twice.
I didnt give it a second thought that it was our fault as all my graphics looked fine and as I said they were multiplied up in the rip

get a call that certain rows of these squares were indeed 1/2" shorter than the rest and are trash.

Now I cant seem to figure out how my printer could have done that.
Ever hear of something like this happening.
..... very strange indeed.

CS-SignSupply

What printer, what version of Flexi?

You might also use the step and repeat function in flexi and save the file as a full run... then rip and print that file rather than telling the rip to print multiples.

gabagoo

nah figured it out... the simplest easiest explanation.... The reader on the head did not see 54" material and came up with 50" or so I guess, and that created the problem.
What made it worse is that unlike most graphics, it would be obvious that something was missing; the gradient on these is so gradual you cant detect it.