• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VG-540 Colors testprint are not aligned properly

Antoin

339 / 5000
Hello,

After a collision of the print head with the media, I have a problem with my VG540. Black and magenta do not print sharply. When I make a test print, I see that these colors are not aligned properly. The colors have shifted a bit from their position.

Photo of test print attached.

Is there a way to solve this?

Attachments

• IMG_2908.jpg
    IMG_2908.jpg
    596.3 KB · Views: 700

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
2nd head in group B (lk/M) looks like it has been moved/rotated slightly and is now misaligned. Look at the gap from top to bottom compared to the head next to it. It's tapered, where at the other two gaps are consistent and evenly spaced.
Haven't owned a Roland in several years, so not sure how the VG is setup under the hood. Hopefully someone with a similar machine can jump in and offer more advice.

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You have TR2 ink so you can't access the service menu.
You can try to completely manually adjust the skew on that head but most likely you won't get it as good as it was.

Call a tech to align the printhead.

Antoin

Thanks for your reply. I will contact a tech. I hope he can adjust it only by using the service menu.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
This is very clearly a physical misalignment... likely caused by the head strike mentioned in the original post.
No amount of alignment in the printer settings is going to compensate for it. It needs to be physically aligned properly and then micro adjustments can be made in the printer settings.

For clarity, have a look at the lines drawn in comparison to the other heads... there is a 0.77 degree clockwise rotation in the Lk/M head.

IMG_2908-2.jpg

Terry01

This is very clearly a physical misalignment... likely caused by the head strike mentioned in the original post.
No amount of alignment in the printer settings is going to compensate for it. It needs to be physically aligned properly and then micro adjustments can be made in the printer settings.

For clarity, have a look at the lines drawn in comparison to the other heads... there is a 0.77 degree clockwise rotation in the Lk/M head.

View attachment 154351
Perhaps you could enlighten us how to adjust a ricoh printhead manually?

Terry01

Loosen the adjustment skrews, adjust, tighten loosely, print skew test, check, repeat until good.
Then software adjustments after that.
They are a fixed printhead.. The VG series uses the GH2220 head which is fitted to its own carrier unlike a dx4 head