Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help VG2 Banding on Cyan

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Yaser, Nov 21, 2020 at 1:55 PM.

1. Yaser

Yaser New Member

May 15, 2020
    Dallas, TX
    Hi all,

In the last few days, my machine has been banding all types of blue--mainly light blue "cyan" as-well as dark blue. I have tried both CMYK colors and Roland colors.

So far I have done:
    Nozzle tests
    Medium Cleaning
    Manual Cleaning
    Media Gap Adjustment
    Calibration
    Drained Wiper Tray Fluid
    Cleaned Wiper
    Cleaned Wiper Pad

From the looks of the nozzle test, everything seems fine! I'm baffled. We haven't changed any printing settings. nmozzlde.jpg banding.jpg

2. Yaser

Yaser New Member

May 15, 2020
    Dallas, TX
    Tested a different media type, same issue. No physical damage to printheads. All other colors are fine. Have tried different shades of blue aswell.

Attached Files:

3. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    There looks to be a tiny glitch in your feed calibration test print just above where the two boxes meet. I wonder if this is the source of the issue?
    It is absolute pure cyan print or is it possible there is a small amount of black in there? Not really sure if the feed calibration uses any more than the K channel.

4. Yaser

Yaser New Member

May 15, 2020
    Dallas, TX
    Pure CMYK Cyan. I have restarted the machine several times and loaded / unloaded media. The feed calibration is the same. Think it may be time to call a technician.