• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vg2 reds?

jeffkics

Sign Says
Take a look at the pictures. I ran a swatch book and my red 100 100 looks really strange compared to all the shades around it. I have convert to spot turned on in versaworks. Is it the profile or material?
I do find when printing reds whether they be jpegs or pdfs that the reds are off. Or just not red.
What might I try?
20220927_092733.jpg
20220927_092753.jpg

rjssigns

Could be the profile or material. Only way to know for sure is to do instrumented testing. Densitometer would tell you if you're getting 100 100 for your red.

That being said, I recently had color issues and it was because of the vinyl. Thought the print head was going out, nope. Something in the vinyl formula was changed and it printed terribly.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Make sure that you're shaking your ink bags weekly. The orange pigment likes to settle and this really throws off the quality of reds and oranges. If you haven't done it for a while, you may need to replace the orange ink as you may have "unbalanced" the carrier/pigment load. Then perform a couple of powerful cleanings to get the fresh ink up to the head. This usually resolves the problems with reds.

Good Luck