• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VG3 ink configuration

grafikguy

President
We are purchasing another VG3 this month. We have one now with the CMYKLtKLtMLtCOr setup and are not happy with the results, especially our reds. Is there anyone who owns one of these that has a different configuration that they like and can share their thoughts?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
If you want good colors red. You would have to look into Epson Surecolor S series. Roland will never print like Epson does.

somcalmetim

We have the VG3 with CMMYKkGrOr and can’t say we have any red issues and we print a few items for Coke. Very happy with the ink setup in general
I got the same setup on our VG3...got the VG2 with orange just for the reds and havent looked back...can even get pretty close to a viper red paint...love the Light black as well to get a good neutral untinted grey...

Only downside is I noticed there are less media profiles for the CMMYKltKOG inkset...I didnt like the deepness of the black I got with the Generic Vinyl profile but 3M didnt have one for 180c...at the moment I am printing on the Arlon Wrap material profile as the black is deeper with almost a smoother surface finish...what material profile are you using?

Rmurray321

I use the Roland glossy calendared profile a lot, and I also really like the one for Avery 1105…even though that’s for doing high quality modes.

I don’t use the generic vinyl for much of anything really, I just find the others land me closest to perfect