Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHB & pole pockets

Discussion in 'Materials' started by thinksigns, Jan 21, 2011.

1. thinksigns

thinksigns SnowFlake

Nov 28, 2010
    I've used VHB in the past with BannerMax and it worked exactly as advertised. I have a digital banner printed on matte 13oz Zeelon and it is not sticking like it should. I folded the pocket last night. This morning I tested it and it peeled right off. Any ideas or suggestions for a better way to to this?

Tags:
  2. SignLogic

SignLogic Member

Jan 9, 2011
    I've never trusted VHB for a pole pocket. Have always sewn them.

3. thinksigns

thinksigns SnowFlake

Nov 28, 2010
    on the BannerMax, it would take Superman to pull it apart.

4. insignia

insignia Very Active Member

+1, especially on a supersmooth double-sided product, there's not enough bite on the material surface for the tape to stick to. It's asking for trouble down the road. If you can't sew it or can't outsource the sewing, order a can of HH-66 vinyl cement and glue them, it's kind of a pain in the next to apply so it's not something you'd want to do for huge volumes, but for pole pockets it's fine, and it's stronger than just about any other option out there.

5. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    3m 4941

This has the plastizier (sp) resist in it and works best with the banner material you talk about, you have to wipe down with alcohol first.