• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VHB & pole pockets

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I've used VHB in the past with BannerMax and it worked exactly as advertised. I have a digital banner printed on matte 13oz Zeelon and it is not sticking like it should. I folded the pocket last night. This morning I tested it and it peeled right off. Any ideas or suggestions for a better way to to this?

Letterbox Mike

I've never trusted VHB for a pole pocket. Have always sewn them.

+1, especially on a supersmooth double-sided product, there's not enough bite on the material surface for the tape to stick to. It's asking for trouble down the road. If you can't sew it or can't outsource the sewing, order a can of HH-66 vinyl cement and glue them, it's kind of a pain in the next to apply so it's not something you'd want to do for huge volumes, but for pole pockets it's fine, and it's stronger than just about any other option out there.

John Butto

3m 4941

This has the plastizier (sp) resist in it and works best with the banner material you talk about, you have to wipe down with alcohol first.