Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

? Victorian Font ?

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by imaSIGNr, Dec 8, 2007.

1. imaSIGNr

imaSIGNr Very Active Member

Jan 15, 2006
    I am making a quote and design for 10 metal scroll sign brackets that I will be making. The customer wants them to look Victorian although they can't tell me what Victorian looks like. I actually think I have the bracket part figured out, but they want the initials " F.B." incorporated into the brackets somehow, and they want the initials to look Victorian. My main question is what is a " Victorian type face " ? I'm thinking these will be plasma cut from flat 1/8" steel also. Any ideas appreciated....thanx

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Perhaps starting your search with the font named Victorian would be appropriate.

3. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
  4. imaSIGNr

Jan 15, 2006
    Duuuhhhh.....I didn't realize I had a Victorian font. I didn't see it the first time. " Victorian " is the only one I have though. I don't think I like the "FB"caps in that type face though. However I do like the" Victorian swash " in the Express clip art font pkg. Fred............Thanks

5. Pro Signs & Graphix

Pro Signs & Graphix Very Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    It may be a good idea to ask or show the customer a few samples of fonts. The mere reference to "Victorian" is very often misunderstood by many customers.

Just a thought.....

6. Just Another Sign Guy

Just Another Sign Guy Very Active Member

Jun 19, 2004
    we just completed some victorian period signs and researched a variety of advertising and we were able to come up with some very acceptable fonts from letterheadfonts.com

7. imaSIGNr

Jan 15, 2006
    Oh yes. I would not proceed without approval first.....

8. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Dover publications, CD fonts.