Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Sign Effect

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by uneedasign, Apr 30, 2010.

1. uneedasign

uneedasign Active Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Palm Desert CA
    I need to print a sign that has to look old and worn. Is there a filter or technique that you can recamend

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
  3. Sign_Boy

Sign_Boy Major Contributor

May 18, 2007
    USA
  4. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    I don't think JHills idea will work on a printed vinyl sign, but will work on a hand painted one...

Have you seen this?

http://www.misterretro.com/

5. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

1st thing i need to ask...........how old can a PRINTED SIGN BE??? hahahahahahahha
    now ifin you was to put some paint on an old board, now that might be a good start))))))

6. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    One way which might work... do your design, print your design at a smaller scale or near scale (cost) willing ... then mark up your print with what ever like sandpaper, hammer and nail marks etc. you get the point ...then take a picture or scan ...it may take some practice with some trial and error. but that's how you learn.

7. Monsterkidz

Monsterkidz Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Sign Boy has the correct approach. Using Photoshop you can create tons of distress effects.

8. seaserpent

seaserpent Member

Jun 6, 2009