• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Viny/paint mask stencil on painted concrete, what are your recommened paint masks?

FS-Keith

I have a large job do paint numbers and letters on painted concrete parking decks. I am going to need a 50'yd of 24" and a 50yd of 50" or 54". what have you used that works well. I will be cutting it on the plotter and masking, then applying the mask and having a painter come in and do the painting.

OldPaint

i dont know the size of these numbers/letters..........but IF YOURE gona get a PAINTER to do this, I WOULD BET..... IF you found a REAL SIGN PAINTER, most of US.... can handle 1-thru 0, A-Z......... FREEHAND...... and save you from buying all that material, cutting and applying the mask...))))))))) give the sign painter the money instead....
i did these on a 3 ft tall X 100ft concrete wall(beat and hit with cars)numbers and letters.... on a white background.....yes i made. a pounce pattern of the logos....so i know your job is a lot simpler....for a real sign painter....

Attachments

• CONCRETEWALLLETTERING.jpg
    CONCRETEWALLLETTERING.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 65

jfiscus

Rap Master
I was going to suggest that, make a simple wooden jig for aligning letters, and then have those specific characters router cut out of sintra and get to painting!

DanielleH

Gerber Mask

We, at Evergreen Sign Company, like to use GerberMask. It's a fairly cheap product, but works like a pro! Always create extras, but I think it's a good one to look up on. We also use HDPE material to create a routed jig for rotating letters and numbers in it for a stiffer option.
~Dani

i dont know the size of these numbers/letters..........but IF YOURE gona get a PAINTER to do this, I WOULD BET..... IF you found a REAL SIGN PAINTER, most of US.... can handle 1-thru 0, A-Z......... FREEHAND...... and save you from buying all that material, cutting and applying the mask...))))))))) give the sign painter the money instead....
i did these on a 3 ft tall X 100ft concrete wall(beat and hit with cars)numbers and letters.... on a white background.....yes i made. a pounce pattern of the logos....so i know your job is a lot simpler....for a real sign painter....

hey old paint is that at Orlando Speedworld?

visual800

To save an a$$load of money we would pen them on paper and cut with exacto knife belive it or not. Tape paper up and cut letters out if they are large like im thinking

if its sentences we just use oracal 651 or junk vinyl we arent using

FS-Keith

its a high dollar job with a requirement that I use union painters to do the job, not just a 2 letter job, there are sentences and the works.

FS-Keith

I am just looking to see if there are better paint masks out there then what we currently use. I don't need the advise on how to do the job, just looking for alternative products. thanks!