• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl awning. How to produce or where to order from?

nolanola

Hello forum.
We got a job to produce and install a vinyl awning and I'm not sure how we can finish the edges to make it look like the attached image.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 197

Johnny Best

That is called a valance and you need to make a pattern out of hardboard, metal or pvc. Layout your material and trace pattern on with water soluble pen or stabilo. Cut out pattern on material with scissors. Then to finish it off a cotton strip that gets sewed on around the edge.
Better to take to an awning company that have right sewing machine and let them finish it off for you.
If it is red vinyl material you can paint white strip with vinyl screen ink from NazDar thinned with their reducer.

Johnny Best

This is the roller bottle to make your white strips, you can lay a straight edge to make your lines. You have to thin the paint so it flows out evenly. Practice before attempting because you only get one chance. You do not want to be trying to fix mistakes on awning with vinyl ink. I don't know who carries these rollers
paintroller.jpg
any more.

studio 440

This is the roller bottle to make your white strips, you can lay a straight edge to make your lines. You have to thin the paint so it flows out evenly. Practice before attempting because you only get one chance. You do not want to be trying to fix mistakes on awning with vinyl ink. I don't know who carries these rollers View attachment 138671 any more.
johnny that looks like and old beugler stripeing tool