• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Buckling

mameighan

I have been using Instant One air release vinyl and while I like the print on it I have an awful time with it bucking in the printer and therefore head strikes and contaminated prints. Any suggestions? I know that the heating may be a problem - should I reduce heat or increase it - what temps? I have a Mutoh 1324. would love to continue using it (price is great) but not with the frustrations

Thanks

Mark

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Did you release the tension from the roll itself ??

The heat and pincher rollers also play a part in this.

Is it always loaded perfectly straight ??

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I would lower your heat settings a little bit and see if that helps at all. It is a pretty thin vinyl, I have one that's 2x thicker at 5 Mil and its also Bubble Free and its also a better price point at $115 for 54"x150'. I can send you one and if you don't love it you wont pay for it.

mameighan

Thanks - I usually pull quite a bit through before I start printing and it does help. The material is as straight as possible. When you say lower the temps - what is a minimum that you think I can get away with?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't have one, but I was told 45 45 45.

Not adhering to this combination can get you shot in a 7/11 robbery, so be very careful. :covereyes:

brihalter

Printer Settings

Hi Mark - sorry to hear that you have been experiencing some issues with the vinyl. I just sent you an email with some settings to use which should help you out. If you need anything else please email me at bhalter@instantonemedia.com or call 404-228-6329 x.304 and we will get you squared away.

Thanks,

altereddezignz

I just printed some of this test material and set it at 47,45,50. I never turn my post heater of 50. Most everything i run i run at 47-48, 45-46, 50. Also what vacuum do you have set on. I noticed that if i run a 54" wide material on high vacuum i have about a 65% change it will rub somewhere. Now the only thing i run on high is smaller than 36. Everything else is on high vacuum.