• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Buckling

Bumblebee58627

Does anyone have experience with ECONOLINE™ vynil?
I bought a new mimaki cjv30-130 , im busy printing 50mm x 30mm size labels for a customer,but the vinyl keeps buckling,
heat is on, pre 40 print 48 post 50
vacuum is on standard
head is on thin, it doesnt make streaks, it only makes the print blur, where the buckles are.:banghead:

i cleaned the vacuum holes. i dont live in a very humid place either.

I used the standard white vynil and the clear vinyl of them, before i rate this product as poor,
can you maybe give any advice??

2B

what is the humidity in the print room?
is it buckling as it is printing or while it is clamped in place waiting for a print to start?

Lower the temp, add more pinch rollers, only clamp in place when you are fixing to print and if possible get thicker backing paper on the vinyl

Bumblebee58627

Thank you for the replies, I use two kinds of vinyl.. an expensive vinyl for big signage and paying customers.. and a cheaper vinyl for small stickers and customers who dont really have money, or want a cheap print.
i will try lowering the temperature, but wont that affect the print quality or bonding of ink to the vinyl?

Thanks guys:smile: