• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl by the yard

Signsfyi

With Grimco slowly buying out all of it's competitors, the latest being Denco (my main supplier and before that Midwest) I am having trouble buying certain vinyls by the yard. In many cases, I can justify buying larger rolls. I have jobs that just cannot justify buying larger rolls that will sit on the shelf for who knows how long. Currently, I need 15" punched 280 reflective black and need a little less than 5 yards. In this case, I am printing with an Edge printer. I have a large format too, but it will not print this type of job. Who else out there might sell by the yard or 5 yard roll? I hate not having choices. Any other sources out there? I am based in southern Colorado. Thanks

netsol

Not trying to hijack your thread,but, on ALMOST the same topic,
does anyone sell “by the yard” or 5 yard rolls of colored vinyls?

BigNate

... so I just went to the Grimco website and almost all the media I looked at was available by the yard - some of the more premium ones like the Oracal have a 10yard minimum....

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Check GSG

However, if you find that you HAVE to buy more than you need PASS the EXTRA cost to your customer. Simple enough. Also explain that to your customer as well.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Just this week we had to buy 3 yards of yellow vinyl for one (1) 2.5" square decal. I guess there are some other signs in the works... IDK why my boss signed up for this one little decal.

Signsfyi

... so I just went to the Grimco website and almost all the media I looked at was available by the yard - some of the more premium ones like the Oracal have a 10yard minimum....
What I was after specifically was 15" punched 280 reflective in black. My portal only offers 10yd min. I was thinking about calling in to them this morning. Thanks for the research though.

Signsfyi

rVinyl is one of the few that sells small lengths of vinyl. Not by the yard, but they so have small quantities like 2 yards in many vinyls. https://www.rvinyl.com/Reflective-Sign-Vinyl

Other than that, build a price for a 10yd roll...
Unfortunately, this is a one off for the police chief's vehicle and it does not use that much vinyl. I considered it, but felt the markup was a bit high for one of my bread and butter clients.