• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl cut lettering on textured wallpaper

sarahisher

Hi, I'm a graphic designer and have only used cut vinyl lettering a few times, so I was hoping to get some advice

My client has requested vinyl cut lettering for a large wall quote in a room for an exhibition (which will be up for 6 months). But the room has a textured fabric-type wallpaper.
I’m wondering if anyone has experience with vinyl cut lettering on textured wallpaper like this and could advise on whether it would stick well. The letters will be quite large (Proxima Nova 130pt).

Alternatively, I’m considering printing the quote on a vinyl-wrapped Foamex board and hanging that instead, but not sure how nice that would look.

Any help or advice is much appreciated—thank you!

IMG_9924.JPG

visual800

that would be a big ole hell naw that aint gonna work! I dont know your text but you may want to consider placing a large outline around your text and cutting that outline out of .25" pvc and then placing letting on top of that and then installing on wall PLUS it ould look better, see attached

Attachments

• tex.png
    tex.png
    213 KB · Views: 55

sarahisher

that would be a big ole hell naw that aint gonna work! I dont know your text but you may want to consider placing a large outline around your text and cutting that outline out of .25" pvc and then placing letting on top of that and then installing on wall PLUS it ould look better, see attached
Ah nooo, i thought that would be the case! Already warned her that i doubt it would work, so thank you for clarifying.
It's 63 words long (apparently it cant be cut down at all), so may be a bit too complex for the pvc, but thanks much for the suggestion! I'll try and convince the curators for it to be included in a different way.

sarahisher

Ah nooo, i thought that would be the case! Already warned her that i doubt it would work, so thank you for clarifying.
It's 63 words long (apparently it cant be cut down at all), so may be a bit too complex for the pvc, but thanks much for the suggestion! I'll try and convince the curators for it to be included in a different way.

Texture really does suck!

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Likely the only thing that would stick to that wall is Walk & Wall from Continental. It is a thick and textured adhesive back media that has a ton of adhesive. I've got a customer who does this for big meetings at hotels in Chicagoland over the textured hotel wall coverings...they are up and down for a few days.

unclebun

Vinyl letters on nonglare clear plex, hanging with those ceiling wire hangers Geneva posted yesterday. This is what that hanger is made for.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Vinyl letters on nonglare clear plex, hanging with those ceiling wire hangers Geneva posted yesterday. This is what that hanger is made for.

this place? They are putting a quote together for me for my customer. They have some really cool stuff.

JBurton

Signtologist
I like geneva's thinking here, get some velcro and see if it adheres to the wallpaper. If it does, get some flat cut letters and stick velcro to the back, and hope nobody picks at them...

TEN

Stud mounted diminsional letters. Flush mount if material is thick enough to tap or adhere stud pads on back of material.

TEN

Stud mounted diminsional letters. Flush mount if material is thick enough to tap or adhere stud pads on back of material.

TEN