Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vinyl Cutter 34" or 54" contour - what to buy?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Reelimpatient, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Reelimpatient

Reelimpatient New Member

Oct 17, 2018
    Ocala, FL
    So I'm looking to buy a 34" or 54" US cutter SC cutter. I'm thinking for 99% of my cuts, a 34" should work.
    Is there some reasons or ideas I may not have considered that would lead me to a 54" ???

All suggestions or opinions are welcome, as well as why not to buy a US cutter brand.

I'm not in a high production shop, just working out of my garage to provide items for several websites I have and take care of. So while I would like it to get real busy, I'm just starting out and trying to minimize my startup cost.

Thanks !

2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    US cutter is considered a budget brand but it's not horrible. They can be very good startup machines. Also, don't be fooled by the US part of their name. They are 100% Chinese. 34" should be good. Most people start with a 24" and move up from there as needed.

3. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    Get the biggest you can reliably afford... that 35" job could be just around the corner.
    Speaking from someone who has been through a 24", a 54" and now a 64" cutter...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. AF

AF Active Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Ventura, CA
    34 will do a lot.