• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl cutter recommendations

Hey guys, we are looking to jump into a new cutter. Accuracy is obviously key, we make lots of contour cut stickers with tiny details cutout. I am looking into the big ones such as graphtec, summa, etc. There are a lot of cheaper options such as a titan from us cutter. I am really liking the summa with the rotating cutting head. Let me know if you have any bad/good experiences!

the graphics co

Hey guys, we are looking to jump into a new cutter. Accuracy is obviously key, we make lots of contour cut stickers with tiny details cutout. I am looking into the big ones such as graphtec, summa, etc. There are a lot of cheaper options such as a titan from us cutter. I am really liking the summa with the rotating cutting head. Let me know if you have any bad/good experiences!
I have had a few brands and the summa with an opos cam and tangential knife is in a league of its own. You will never regret paying for high quality equipment.

Another vote for Summa. I have both a Graphtec and a Summa, and the Graphtec hasn't been plugged in since the Summa showed up. Mine is a D75, which isn't tangential, but it is still an awesome machine. Accuracy is basically 100%, which is hard to believe but time after time for the past year I've gotten nothing but perfect cuts.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager

Hi Thomas,

We can definitely help and I would be happy to answer any questions you have about the different Summa options. Feel free to contact me by email at philj@airmark.com or you can contact our sales team at (800)527-7778.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation

TomK

Just to echo what others have said above...I started with a Graphtec FC8600 (top of the line Graphtec), and it sits idle now that I got a Summa last year (S2T model).

We are a small shop and focus on decals and stickers and being able to perf cut and contour cut in one pass is amazing. With the graphtec you have to swap blade positions between your contour cut and your perf cut, which is a pain in the ass. I've also had the graphtec just do some wonky things over the years, like cut my circles in the middle for no reason.

I wish Summa made a smaller model (24" or 15") and also made a more affordable flatbed like Graphtec has, as I'm really interested in a small flatbed, just because.

Signs 'n' Stuff

Hi Thomas
I am using a Summa D1300 which i have been using since 1996. I have used Graphtec, io line, newing hall, and roland.
The d1300 has been in constant use cutting plain vinyl, reflective vinyl, frosted and dusted vinyl and spray mask films. in the 21 years i have only had to replace 2 clamp wheels, 3 cutting strips and 4 blade holders ( we have 2 in use, one for reflective and one for the rest). we have been happy with it for its ease of use, nice repaetable set up functions and being a very robust machine while still being able to handle fine work. The Graphtec is a close second but little functions like material sensing and better tracking put the Summa as my preference. If something happened to my Summa I would replace it with the most recent version.
Brett

FatCat

Another happy Summa owner here. Have owned our D140 for about 5+ years now, cuts nearly every day - in fact, have to cut an entire roll of 30" x 150' high performance oracal today, most of that being 6" x 120" stripes and I never worry about it not doing a good job. Money well spent, and I would buy another in a heartbeat if I had to.

atomgraphix

atomgraphix

I bought a titan 3 actually I have it for sale it is a 70 inch if you are looking into that rout and wanna go cheap I could sell you mine. I have no complaints have not gotten to use the print cut yet but software seems good and cuts well and quick