• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Decal with small lettering

Bunky67

I have a customer that would like me to cut him some decals for his business, he had sent me a rough idea of what he wanted so I laid it out and tried to cut it out, as you can see the lettering is too small and doesn't weed very well and isn't going to stick very well either.
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Attachments

• IMAG0306[1].jpg
    IMAG0306[1].jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 155

2B

increase the QTY and have someone hot stamp them,

NOTE; printing to clear is great but be warned that if they are applied to glass it will become transparent unless there is a white backing

thewvsignguy

Try a different font for the text. Other then that print on White or Clear.

What kind of cutter and software are you using? In your picture, none of the cuts seems to line up from what I can see.

Edit: In the picture, the artwork looks very raged. Did you convert his jpg or is that the original vector file?

increase the QTY and have someone hot stamp them,

NOTE; printing to clear is great but be warned that if they are applied to glass it will become transparent unless there is a white backing

Even if they wanted white text still this would be the best option. Print on clear. Apply White to the back. Reload on plotter and cut the contour out.

floater302

You can always cut the info out in white and overly the white in place, Dont know what cutter you have, but you can try slowing the cutter down and make sure your blade isnt dull

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Outsource it for Gerber Edge print and cut production. This kind of job is what the Gerber Edge does best.

letterman7

^ Yep, or a simple inkjet print. Also remind your customer that if VWoA catches wind of that logo, he will receive a cease and desist. And yes, I know people that has happened to.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
^ Yep, or a simple inkjet print. Also remind your customer that if VWoA catches wind of that logo, he will receive a cease and desist. And yes, I know people that has happened to.

I'm pretty sure that the original VW Beetle is in the public domain. VW of America did not start claiming all rights to images of their vehicles until decades after the original Beetle came to the U.S.

letterman7

I'm pretty sure that the original VW Beetle is in the public domain. VW of America did not start claiming all rights to images of their vehicles until decades after the original Beetle came to the U.S.

Nope. Off topic and feel free to move or delete, Fred. VWoA will actively pursue any image of a Beetle, whether new or old, including any name that has the initials VW associated with auto repair of Volkswagens unless the owner specifically obtains permission from VWoA. Case in point - one of my car club buddies had a business called 'Very Wild Car Co'. VWCC for short. Guess what happened when Volkswagen came out with their CC luxury car years ago? A long legal battle that my buddy won since he had the rights to the name long before the CC, but it broke him financially. Another local mechanic who worked specifically on Volkswagens since the '60's had a sign with a Beetle and the VW logo on it for as long as I can remember... one day it wasn't there, replaced with simple lettering. Guess who happened to stop by?

jfiscus

Rap Master
The real question here is WTF are you plotting this with? A dull spoon?
This is a job for a Gerber Edge; print the blue on white or clear.

gabagoo

3M 7725 vinyl will make this a relatively easy cut job... I always keep white and black in stock, but you can get it in colours too!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nope. Off topic and feel free to move or delete, Fred. VWoA will actively pursue any image of a Beetle, whether new or old, including any name that has the initials VW associated with auto repair of Volkswagens unless the owner specifically obtains permission from VWoA. Case in point - one of my car club buddies had a business called 'Very Wild Car Co'. VWCC for short. Guess what happened when Volkswagen came out with their CC luxury car years ago? A long legal battle that my buddy won since he had the rights to the name long before the CC, but it broke him financially. Another local mechanic who worked specifically on Volkswagens since the '60's had a sign with a Beetle and the VW logo on it for as long as I can remember... one day it wasn't there, replaced with simple lettering. Guess who happened to stop by?

Seriously, I didn't even recognize that to be a 6v or 12v bug. Not in the slightest. Not until someone said it was a VW. That's a far cry, whether you are identifying that to be some sort of VW or the use of the word Buggy. Theirs were called bugs, not buggies.

Find someone to print them and do a contourcut around it.

Marlene

some more off topic, that graphic is bad and needs to have some editing done to clean it up. just out of personal pride, I'd never cut that as is and would fix those lines

GoodPeopleFlags

Yeah, that graphic is badly in need of cleaning up.

If Fred is too busy, I have an Edge and would be more than happy to print them and clean up the art for you.