• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Express Q100 need help please!

JBowen747

I have a q100 and if I send a cut file from flexi pro 10 or my tint tec software it will cut all jagged and won’t cut squares or contors right, but if I do a test cut from the screen on the cutter it does fine, any ideas ? I got an new blade, blade holder , and Teflon strip on the machine and I double checked everything was tight on the carriage.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
How big of letters are you doing? That machine is not great. If the letters are smaller then 3" good luck.

Twaddle. That machine is fully capable of cutting text 1/4" and less. If it's cutting sloppy and jagged I'd inspect the file having an up close and personal look at the quality of the objects. Then I'd have a squint at the plotter settings, specifically the arc quality. Then I'd drop the tool speed down a bit. There's nothing wrong with this plotter [assuming that it's mechanically sound whichit might not be]. Especially if the poor cutting is predominately in either the X or Y direction.

TraderLink

Merchant Member
You may want to try a new USB cable.

We've had recent issues with our Summa, and that is what is was.
We also needed to do a firmware update, because it messed that up as well.

JBowen747

It ended up being the port on the cutter bad , thank you guys for the help though! And I’ve have this machine for 7 years and it still cuts like a champ