• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl express Q130

printimage

I have a vinyl Express q130 cutter that stop connecting to the computer. I get the USB checked and it is good. The cutter do everything like test cut and move like normal but when I plug it in I am not hearing when it connect. Any help?
Also anyone know how to connect with the RS -232c port?

bannertime

I use a usb to serial adapter connected to an extended 25pin (going off vague memory here) that goes into the cutter. My adapter came with a virtual serial port driver that has been pretty reliable. That would get you going in regards to your second question. This setup uses a cable that's around 7.5 meters.

Now your issue with the USB could be a number of things. If you've checked the inputs and drivers already, then more than likely, the cable can't handle the data at the length of the cable. I would only recommend high quality USB cables under 2 meters for plotter work. I've not once had issues with that length or less. Any longer and we've seen many odd issues that were only fixed by replacing the cable.

If you're positive it's not the cable then it's obviously an issue with the inputs or the drivers.

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
If it's serial to USB, check to make sure it didn't change the COM port number. Back when I had one, occasionally it would change the COM port out of the blue. Go into "Device Manager" to check that.

printimage

okay i can see that the rs 232 is connect as i can see it as a com but when i put it to the com port number and send i still getting cannot open port.
I will try again and give an update.
i have a fc 7000-75 cutter also when i turn on this one it is reading the rollers then it go to cut off the media then the blade would stay down so when you move it .. it would drag the material and wouldn't come up. what could that be?