• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Express Q160 = FC 7000?

mikey-Oh

Recently, last three weeks or so, our q160 is not cutting correctly out of wasatch6.6. It reads the registarion, for the most part, without issue. Then, by magic or a voodoo curse, the blade over-shoots and starts about 2.5" inches to the left and down a half inch or so from my print.

Read about some similar issues with the fc8000 firmware upgrade, but i don't believe that applies to our older graphtec. Though resetting to factory defaults may be a good troubleshooting step. Is there a true factory reset option? (beyond holding enter and origin while turning it on, seems that only allows for language change)

Before I call a young priest and and old priest, does anyone have some suggestions?

bjones

They are essentially the same machine, but the Sign Warehouse version of that machine absolutely sucks. Not because the hardware is bad, but because sign warehouse won't support it for crap. You will never see an updated firmware for a SW version to fix all the bugs in it while Graphtec labelled version owners will even though it's the same damn machine. Neither company will support the 'oem' version so as a result both of them can piss up a rope in my opinion.

schramm

Try reloading the driver but instead of loading the driver they sent you with the unit upload the driver from the Graphtec website for the FC7000. That is what I did and so far (3 months) so good. I never had that issue but I would say that somehow is a driver issue.

By the way I was also told that the graphtec or VE would not work with Mac but here I sit infont of my imac cutting stuff all the time!

mikey-Oh

:thankyou: schramm!

we found the 2.23 driver on the website. plan on installing the update and a little hope in the morning.

think there's a solution for my evening in the :beer gonna keep checking the bottle for updates

Todd M Castle

You can also reset the plotter to factory default by holding arrow up button while turning off and on. This clears all settings to the day you unboxed the machine.

mikey-Oh

Thanks Todd!:U Rock:

Exactly what i need to know. Now all I need is to figure out what settings we were using.

Kemble

I don't know why so many people bash Signwarehouse's tech support. I get a tech every time I call and if not I leave my name & number to the dispatcher and a tech calls me that same day.

schramm

I don't know why so many people bash Signwarehouse's tech support. I get a tech every time I call and if not I leave my name & number to the dispatcher and a tech calls me that same day.

Well I don't know who you know but SW sucks when it comes to tech support. I have talked to them a couple of times, normally have to wait out a call or continually call and bitch and moan until they get on the phone but then they never seem to be a help. The told me there was NO DRIVER for the Q100 for imac yet I cut things everyday on my mac using the Graphtec driver that SW should of known about! They are a bunch of idiots and unless you are calling in a order it is rare to get tech support on the phone!