• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Express Q60 = Graphtec ??what??

njelsmom

I understand that the Vinyl Express cutters are made by Graphtec for SW.

What Graphtec does the Vinyl Express Q60 correspond to? What are the differences?

Matt Cuellar

They are a scaled-down version of Graphtec's FC-7000 series plotters from what I understand. I believe the major difference is the amount of force that each can cut through. The Q-series will only do 300g of force, while the FC-7000 will do 600g. I also heard that the ARMS system is optional on the Q-series, but I don't know that for sure.

Matt

njelsmom

Yes, I'm seeing the ARMS system is extra on the VE cutters. Doesn't really make them less expensive by the time you do that -- so not sure what the benefit would be of having one of those vs the Graphtec.

Maybe someone can show me something I'm not seeing?

How often would one use the ARMS - if I understand things it would be used when doing color printing/cutting (I know this machine doesn't print) -- or if you were layering vinyl I'd think the ARMS might come into play there.

I have CorelDraw 3 (I think that's it -- it's late, I'm tired and NOT looking at it). Is this a good thing?

Valentino

the Q series is the FC7000 series in a different color and has some lesser features such a force (but who is going to need 600 grams anyway.)

The Q series does not come standard with the ARMS. this is only used for optically aligning prints for contour cutting, if you don't have a printer then this feature is worthless. plus if your contour cutting get a bigger size cutter, 24 is too small. atleast a 30 or 42.