• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Express QE60+

spflowers

I have a Vinyl Express QE60+ cutter. I load the vinyl normally and when I start the set up and the cutter does its test, I am getting a "Y" error code. The cutter stays at the left side and will not finish or allow me to move forward. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or could there be a piece missing? HELP PLEASE

I dont know that particular plotter but like P3 said. Make sure your pinch rollers are not on the smooth section of your grit roller. they have to be on the grit in order to grip the material. Also make sure if there is an eye that it is in the vinyls path. Thats how our Roland works anyway.

Hope that helps

CS-SignSupply

Remove the vinyl and put a piece of transfer tape over the rear sensor. Then set your pinch rollers and choose roll 2 on the menu and hit enter.

This should set up your material (or simulate in this case)

If you still get y motor error, could be bad motor or motherboard.