Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vinyl express question.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by Wrapdup, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Wrapdup

Wrapdup Member

May 31, 2011
    Just purchaced a used vinyl express q64. We are having issues with the cut being off. As in, it cuts the correct line or trace, but will not be centered on the logo. Therefore cutting some of the logo off on one side, and to much on the opposite side. How do you adjust this? Think u in advance.

Tags:
  2. Graphics2u

Graphics2u Very Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa
    You'll probably need to contact Signwarehouse.com and see if you can get a manual for it.

3. Intense01

Intense01 Member

May 2, 2011
    I had the same issue with mine with contour cutting. The X axis was off by .364". Sign warehouse wasn't a huge help but I did get it figured out. I got some information on how to calibrate it if you want I can email it over to you.

4. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    I assume that you're doing a contour cut. I further assume that your plotter is a rebranded Graphtec.

Regardless of manufacturer you need to perform the sensor offset adjustment. This calibrates the X and Y distances between the sensor and the blade. If this is not properly set you will get exactly the kind of contour offset that you describe.

On a Graphtec FC7000 the operation is explained in section 6.19 of the manual. Your mileage may vary depending on who made your plotter and whatever documentation you might have received with it. Nonetheless, most every plotter with any sort of OPS tackle should provide this adjustment.

5. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    As I get older, I find this world is just full of surprises around each and every corner. This isn't one of them.

6. Jim Doggett

Jim Doggett Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2008
  7. SummitSignsandmore

SummitSignsandmore Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    PA
    My first question would be is your "tool" set right for the blade? I use the CB09U+0 for vinyl as reccommended. I remember when my machine first arrived it was set to run a marker not a plotter blade.

Also some fine tune adjusments of your axisis should help as well.