• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl express question.

Wrapdup

Just purchaced a used vinyl express q64. We are having issues with the cut being off. As in, it cuts the correct line or trace, but will not be centered on the logo. Therefore cutting some of the logo off on one side, and to much on the opposite side. How do you adjust this? Think u in advance.

Intense01

I had the same issue with mine with contour cutting. The X axis was off by .364". Sign warehouse wasn't a huge help but I did get it figured out. I got some information on how to calibrate it if you want I can email it over to you.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Just purchaced a used vinyl express q64. We are having issues with the cut being off. As in, it cuts the correct line or trace, but will not be centered on the logo. Therefore cutting some of the logo off on one side, and to much on the opposite side. How do you adjust this? Think u in advance.

I assume that you're doing a contour cut. I further assume that your plotter is a rebranded Graphtec.

Regardless of manufacturer you need to perform the sensor offset adjustment. This calibrates the X and Y distances between the sensor and the blade. If this is not properly set you will get exactly the kind of contour offset that you describe.

On a Graphtec FC7000 the operation is explained in section 6.19 of the manual. Your mileage may vary depending on who made your plotter and whatever documentation you might have received with it. Nonetheless, most every plotter with any sort of OPS tackle should provide this adjustment.

My first question would be is your "tool" set right for the blade? I use the CB09U+0 for vinyl as reccommended. I remember when my machine first arrived it was set to run a marker not a plotter blade.

Also some fine tune adjusments of your axisis should help as well.