• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Express R Series II

gatorskinz

I have a 31 inch R series, I just purchased....I have worked with the 54'' before....I am having trouble with the Material feeding...it just wants to bunch up and not flow smoothly through the pinch rollers....Do I have something set up Wrong? Also as you are looking at the Plotter...is the one on the far right supposed to move or is it stationary?
Thanks Brandon

JKADesigns

I have a 31 inch R series, I just purchased....I have worked with the 54'' before....I am having trouble with the Material feeding...it just wants to bunch up and not flow smoothly through the pinch rollers....Do I have something set up Wrong? Also as you are looking at the Plotter...is the one on the far right supposed to move or is it stationary?
Thanks Brandon

are the upper rollers aligned with the bottom rollers? you shouldn't have to ask if the one on the far right moves it should be obvious

gatorskinz

it has a Solid roller on the bottom and the Far right one doesnt move, I have worked with some that move and some that are Stationary....I wasnt sure how this model was configured....

showcase 66

I just got one of these for my son to play around with. All 3 rollers move on it. Have not had any problems with vinyl bunching up on at the rollers. Only problem I have see was when I had a new 24 x 50yd roll on it, it wouldnt pull the vinyl up if there was no slack in the roll.

Also have you tried just using 2 of the pinch rollers instead of all 3. Could be that one pinch roller is kinked a little causing the feeding of the vinyl not to be straight. Had that happen to on a while back.

gatorskinz

Thank you I will Try just using 2....not sure why the third one, closest to the display is not Moving either....But it wont.

bmgstang

I think I had this problem and it was because I had one of the pinch rollers set in the middle where it pushes on both rollers pushing the vinyl down further than the side pinch rollers. Just moved it over a bit and problem solved.

mikec265

I just got one of these for my son to play around with. All 3 rollers move on it. Have not had any problems with vinyl bunching up on at the rollers. Only problem I have see was when I had a new 24 x 50yd roll on it, it wouldnt pull the vinyl up if there was no slack in the roll.

Also have you tried just using 2 of the pinch rollers instead of all 3. Could be that one pinch roller is kinked a little causing the feeding of the vinyl not to be straight. Had that happen to on a while back.

I have an r31 and could not have said it any better:goodpost: