• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl express r31... is it worth 300.00

Drip Dry

Have a friend (yah, we all have a friend) that is retired from the sign business.
After 8 years, he's starting a new business. He needs a plotter to to make small things for himself. Job sites, his storefront etc...
He had an old Zeta that he took out of mothballs, but it wont cut right.

Looking to help him find something so I don't have to cut everything for him

Is the Vinyl express R31 any good for 299. It just seems to good to be true. Should I pass it by or can this work for the occasional sign
I read here that it's made by Graphtec. Is that true ?

I'm also a little concerned about Sign Warehouse being the distributor and not giving the best customer service

Thanks for any comments

Jim Doggett

Have a friend (yah, we all have a friend) that is retired from the sign business.
After 8 years, he's starting a new business. He needs a plotter to to make small things for himself. Job sites, his storefront etc...
He had an old Zeta that he took out of mothballs, but it wont cut right.

Looking to help him find something so I don't have to cut everything for him

Is the Vinyl express R31 any good for 299. It just seems to good to be true. Should I pass it by or can this work for the occasional sign
I read here that it's made by Graphtec. Is that true ?

I'm also a little concerned about Sign Warehouse being the distributor and not giving the best customer service

Thanks for any comments

Discussions on it can be found on our site at: http://www.signwarehouse.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?30-Vinyl-Cutting-Q-amp-A

Best,

Jim / SignWarehouse

showcase 66

I have one and it works good for small things. I actually got it for my 8 year old son to use instead of my bigger ones. I only use it from time to time to do small decals but it is pretty loud. Thats my biggest downfall for it. It is pretty easy to set up too.

It took my 8 year old about a month to dial it in so that it cuts smoothly. He made a list of vinyl types and the best cutting speed and pressure for each. Kinda makes me proud.

Anything after about 36" it seems to get a little wonky and not straight anymore so that may be something to consider. I would honestly say to look at the enduracut systems if he wants something easy to use, quieter, and seems to work better.

Just my opinions but if I had to have the r31 in my shop running all the time, I would go nuts with the noise. Also if you have any questions, Ask Jim. He can get you pretty much any info you need.