• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Express R39,

axgillette

Hello Everyone,

I am in the market to get a small cheap cutter for our weekend location at a flea market. So i do not need to spend a lot of money on this.

My main question would be, has anyone here had any experience with the Vinyl Express R39, or the R series cutters from sign warehouse?

For something like a flea market, would you say it's a okay deal?

I just would hate to put one of my Roland cutters there as we normally leave it there and don't take it back to the shop with us. And i would hate to lug a Roland around from place to place and risk damaging it.

The current cheap one we have there i think has finally crapped out. No matter what i do, i cannot get it to completely cut all the way. It always leaves a little piece uncut that is really annoying when weeding.

Thanks for any input on this.

Jim Doggett

Hi Ax,

I have some experience, since I found, named and developed the logo/branding for the Vinyl Express R Series.

Honestly, it's a cheapy Chinese cutter. Loud (stepper motor) and not terribly feature-rich. But it's the best of the bunch in my opinion -- and I looked at all of them. Mainly it was the stoutness that appealed to me. Metal, not plastic. Internals are glued and screwed, not just glued (which comes apart in humid climates). And the tracking (help by the stoutness) was far superior to other cheapy, plastic cutters.

So I truly believe it's the best-of-breed in the entry-level class.

Best,

Jim

axgillette

Thanks Jim,

The one we have at the flea market is a chinese as well. It is a Seiki. I am sure you all have heard about it. This one actually worked very well until now. So for a $350.00 cutter and for a flea market it was great. But now that it's decided to go haywire, then i am wanting to replace it with something just a bit better. I don't really care how loud it is. Just as long as it makes the complete cut and i don't lose time weeding then i am good to go.

I am also expanding to another flea market and i will be needing something else more reliable than the current one we have. So i think this will work out just fine for those locations.