• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl for a powder coated surface?

RG

Is there any kind of long-term vinyl that will adhere to a powder coated surface (aluminum)? Or, it this just a really bad idea?

petepaz

we have used avery hi-tac vinyl with good results but i think 3M and oracal have similar products

tollerdad

Anything more aggressive than mentioned above? We tried Mactac HTO hi-tack on a powder coated surface and need something much more aggressive.

petepaz

Anything more aggressive than mentioned above? We tried Mactac HTO hi-tack on a powder coated surface and need something much more aggressive.
how much powder we talking here?
different types fo powder coat. we use the avery hi-tac and it works on powder coated surfaces and low surface energy plastics

rjssigns

Depending on the style of powdercoat you will need different levels of adhesive because of the surface texture. One manufacturer I work with specs out 2mils of adhesive because of this.