• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl for a vinyl car top?

binki

Guy building a limo wants his logo on the top of his car. This will be a vinyl top that is put on these beasts.

Any thoughts on what to put on this? I was thinking I could use apparel vinyl if I had it before application but I don't think would work?

smdgrfx

I happen to be dealing with something similar and asked about curtain sided trailers recently. I didn't get much response on here, but I did find an interesting solution. I am not convinced "one shot" will hold up to every day usage of expanding and contracting of the curtains. 3M sells a special vinyl just for the application, it is 190 curtain sided vinyl. Information says it needs to be solvent screen printed and clear coated. It comes in 48" x 50 yards. Approximately $2k or $3k for the roll. I can't remember exactly. I called my local automotive paint supply and they carry a vinyl paint. Exactly what you are probably looking for. Can be custom color matched at no extra charge. Has UV inhibitors already built in and flex additive. Formulated for vinyl. Outdoor durable. It's what I'm going to use and costs about $60 per quart.

binki

I happen to be dealing with something similar and asked about curtain sided trailers recently. I didn't get much response on here, but I did find an interesting solution. I am not convinced "one shot" will hold up to every day usage of expanding and contracting of the curtains. 3M sells a special vinyl just for the application, it is 190 curtain sided vinyl. Information says it needs to be solvent screen printed and clear coated. It comes in 48" x 50 yards. Approximately $2k or $3k for the roll. I can't remember exactly. I called my local automotive paint supply and they carry a vinyl paint. Exactly what you are probably looking for. Can be custom color matched at no extra charge. Has UV inhibitors already built in and flex additive. Formulated for vinyl. Outdoor durable. It's what I'm going to use and costs about $60 per quart.

So I would hand paint the design or mask and spray?

binki

I called my local automotive paint supply and they carry a vinyl paint. Exactly what you are probably looking for. Can be custom color matched at no extra charge. Has UV inhibitors already built in and flex additive. Formulated for vinyl. Outdoor durable. It's what I'm going to use and costs about $60 per quart.

do you have a brand name?