Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vinyl for aluminum tanker?

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by klemgraphics, Aug 9, 2011.

1. klemgraphics

klemgraphics Active Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Midwest
    I have a customer looking to have his logo put on some aluminum tankers, around a 2'x4' size. I know he has had problems in the past with peeling vinyl and I'm wondering if there is any certain inkjet vinyl made for this application or specific technique or edge sealing that would make them last longer?

My initial thought is to use something like oracal 3951 non ra since it has a more aggressive adhesive but maybe that really wont help.

Any suggestions or experiences are much appreciated.

Tags:
  2. Mikeifg

Mikeifg Active Member

Jun 6, 2007
    Heartland
    If you check with 3M, I know they make a specific vinyl for tankers. I've installed it before but don't know the name. I will say it's extremely aggressive. I would work with a scrap piece first.

Mike

3. klemgraphics

klemgraphics Active Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Midwest
    Thanks, I could have imagined it being very aggressive. I'll give them a call.

4. WrapperX

WrapperX Active Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I've used simple Avery A6 or above and I have had no problems - Just did another one the other day and it stuck just fine. As a matter of fact - the one I did 2 years ago was in the lot and other then it being beat up - like tankers get the vinyl was holding up just fine.