• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl for Barricade install

OADesign

Hi All,

We have a rush project the must be installed the day before Thanksgiving.
Its at a partially outdoor mall on some Barricade walls during a major construction. It only needs to be up 3 to 6 months.
But you know how it goes with these. We have no control or idea what type of surface or paint is being used on these as there are multiple barricades all over the property being put up by different contractors. And we need this thing to stick well as we don't have the option to go back and fix because it the big shopping weekend for the client. And to add another variable, even though we are in SoCal, it just started to rain here.

Any thoughts or suggestions on digital vinyl and cut vinyl types to use so that this will work out. Keep in mind its short term so we are not wanting to break the bank. I was thinking to use just 3MIJ40 with Grimco's Brightline Shield lam as we stock those medias. And for the cut vinyl elements, just going with Grimco's brightline series.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Can you mount the vinyl to thin coro, then install it in 4x8 or so sections when you get there?
That way most of the work will be done ahead of time.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Is printing an option? Printed Sintra goes up a whole lot quicker than vinyl.

These are some recent ones I installed...

Attachments

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 98

OADesign

Thanks for your replys.

We have ordered a a role of the product from InstantOneMedia to test. We ans subbing out the larger print portion of the job and the supplier was able to give us a small sample to take on site to test and it sticks OK!

Now still stuck on the cut vinyl part.

2B

Like the other comments, it is better to pre-mounted to a substrate and then install the panels on site.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Banner tape the perimeter and around doors but don't peel it yet. Install vinyl on the barricade. it won't stick to the banner tape liner so you can peel the liner as you go and torch and rollepro the edges. It's the only method I have found guaranteed to work on poorly painted furry plywood barricades.

ProWraps

arlon 8000. ij40 wont stick to anything other than a very smooth surface and isnt going to serve you well.

we do all our with the 8000. from construction grade plywood to painted mdo and osb, it works everytime.

you dont need to worry about what it will do to the surface upon removal. its a construction barricade. it will be destroyed when the store is ready to open.

DigiPrinter

I recently did (20) 4x8 MDO panels mounted to an existing barricade. The client actually wanted to vinyl direct to osb but economically, as well as comfort about lasting, it made more sense to pre-mount to a substrate and then attach to the barricade. Since I was uncertain how the walls were painted there wasn't a whole lot of confidence of how well things were going to stick and last. By premounting to MDO (any rigid or semi-rigid substrate would work) the install only took an hour where as heat applied textured vinyl would have taken much, much longer......go premounted panels and screw on if you can.