• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl For Cloth Duffel Type Bags??

sar bossier

Good morning, S101 world! Question: Is there a specific type of vinyl that would adhere well to cloth or nylon duffel type bags? ANY recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Have a Fantasmagorical Friday everyone!! :thankyou:

Jim Doggett

sar bossier said:
Good morning, S101 world! Question: Is there a specific type of vinyl that would adhere well to cloth or nylon duffel type bags? ANY recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Have a Fantasmagorical Friday everyone!! :thankyou:

No vinyl, but heat-applied apparel marking films, which are cuttable like vinyl, would work.

Check out apparel graphics at our Web site ( www.signwarehouse.com ) to see style and color options.

Best,

Jim Doggett
SignWarehouse

Jim Doggett

sar bossier said:
I have to print them - Roland 54" printer - Is there a heat transfer printable vinyl that would work for this?

It's not vinyl, but yes, there are printable transfer films. :)

You're good to go. Call our folks and they can explain the process in detail: 800 699 5514.

Thanks!

Jim Doggett
SignWarehouse

binki

You may not be able to heat apply to nylon, it may melt and the material may fall off. You need a material designed for nylon.

For cotton, it may have starch or sizing on it that will scorch when you heat it. It may also have teflon on it which will resist the heat applied graphic.

Check with your supplier for application on these materials.

Good luck.

sar bossier

You may not be able to heat apply to nylon, it may melt and the material may fall off. You need a material designed for nylon.

For cotton, it may have starch or sizing on it that will scorch when you heat it. It may also have teflon on it which will resist the heat applied graphic.

Check with your supplier for application on these materials.

Good luck.

:thankyou: Will do!

diamondavenue

I was shown recently a low melt temp printable heat transfer material for nylon. Ill have to look for the name. Jim may know the product.

Jim Doggett

sar bossier said:
Would sending the bags out for screen print be a better idea?

If you have the volume requirements, then YES! Screen-printing would be your best option. But make-ready (burning screens) is pretty expensive on lower quantities ... lower being 50 or fewer, roughly.

Jim Doggett
SignWarehouse

sar bossier

If you have the volume requirements, then YES! Screen-printing would be your best option. But make-ready (burning screens) is pretty expensive on lower quantities ... lower being 50 or fewer, roughly.

Jim Doggett
SignWarehouse

Ya, that's what I was afraid of - the quantity IS too low - which is why my first thought was heat transfer printable vinyl. Thanks again, Jim - Will call shortly