• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl for textured wall

paul luszcz

What vinyl would you use to adhere to the textured wall shown in the photo attached?

I have to print two spot colors and would ideally do so using my Gerber Edge, so 15" vinyl would be preferred.

I outsource all my inkjet and flatbed printing and don't expect my printers to stock such a specialty item.

Attachments

• texture.jpg
    texture.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 107
C

ColoPrinthead

Avery 2611 has worked well for me in the past. I have used 3M IJ40 on similar walls but feel it didn't take the texture as well. Both removed clean and easily after more than a year, both images were full bleed and the 3M lifted more on the edges.

mattcook8150

Phototex

J Hill is correct...2611 is the incorrect option here. Use Phototex opaque or Phototex Extra Strength...Phototex Opaque's adhesive has 20% more grip than the regular Phototex product...extra strength is even more than that, but will potentially take off the paint. Is this a low VOC paint of any kind?

Marlene

3M 180C controltac might work as it's made not to trap air and conform to shapes like rivets and such. it comes 15" punched

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
J Hill is correct...2611 is the incorrect option here. Use Phototex opaque or Phototex Extra Strength...Phototex Opaque's adhesive has 20% more grip than the regular Phototex product...extra strength is even more than that, but will potentially take off the paint. Is this a low VOC paint of any kind?

+1

SignManiac

Although I really like the Phototex, I have some areas in my man cave where it has let loose and that was using the more aggressive adhesive. Just a consideration.

Also wondering if I put some heat to it, will that reactivate the adhesive?