• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl for wall murals

CanuckSigns

Hello

i am wondering if I can get some recommendations for a vinyl to use for an upcoming job we are quoting on. it is for full floor to ceiling wall graphics in a children's playroom in a hospital. My first thought was photo tex, but with it being a hospital, it need to be laminated so it can be wiped clean.

they are looking for something permanent and damage to the wall when it's removed is not an issue. I want a good quality vinyl that won't peel off painted drywall.

ive never done a wall mural this large before (around 10 feet x 65 feet) so I'm open to suggestions on the best media to use, I would prefer something with air release if possible.

thanks

jason_hamilton

We had a client that we did a ton of call centers for. Same basic thing. Didn't care about damage, but wanted to make sure it stayed put! The installer requested Arlon DPF 8000. A little unforgiving on the installer, but once it is up, it is not coming down without the drywall!!!!!

CanuckSigns

We had a client that we did a ton of call centers for. Same basic thing. Didn't care about damage, but wanted to make sure it stayed put! The installer requested Arlon DPF 8000. A little unforgiving on the installer, but once it is up, it is not coming down without the drywall!!!!!
Thanks for the recommendation, we have used the dpf8000 in the past and it shrinks quite a bit, and the adhesive is too aggressive to make install easy.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If it's as important a job as you describe, don't chance it. Why not paint the wall with some sort of environmentally safe clear coat, let dry for about two weeks and use a good grade digital printed media of your choice with laminate ??

Just make sure you don't have any odors whatsoever coming out from inks, laminates or anything else in a hospital. :rolleyes:

dlndesign

+1 Phototex, that stuff is the bomb, easy up, easy off. But if its going to be permanent IJ180CV1 if they don't want a fabric feel. Abaco Beach may be a option, but thats some work to get up, but it makes some beautiful images.

CanuckSigns

If it's as important a job as you describe, don't chance it. Why not paint the wall with some sort of environmentally safe clear coat, let dry for about two weeks and use a good grade digital printed media of your choice with laminate ??

Just make sure you don't have any odors whatsoever coming out from inks, laminates or anything else in a hospital. :rolleyes:

I would love to have 2 weeks, unfortunately this client needs this this installed quickly as the playroom needs to be closed down untill install is done.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I would love to have 2 weeks, unfortunately this client needs this this installed quickly as the playroom needs to be closed down untill install is done.

Okay, then tell them you'll need to put a heater of sorts in there to help cure the clear coating and take it down to 4 days. Haggle out the price [and include a fantastic dry type heater], then while you work out the details, have the room painted, fabricate the graphics, laminate them and install it on the 4th day. They should understand a 4 day turnaround from start to finish for a job well done. Otherwise, explain to them under their conditions and needs, you can't promise a warranty like you'd like to as it's not really possible.