• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl For Walls

kroger

I have to install a companies logo and slogan in their store on a few interior painted walls. What type of vinyl would you recommend? I have used regular vinyl on walls years ago and it peeled the drywall when they (family) took it off. I looked at a supplier that sells vinyl for walls and it seemed quite expensive. It will be up for a long period of time I assume but I wouldn’t want it to peel drywall if they decided to take it off. Thanks for your help!

signage

what is expensive the vinyl/sub-straight or replacing the drywall? the longer it is up the cheaper for the customer, longer message viewed.

kroger

what is expensive the vinyl/sub-straight or replacing the drywall? the longer it is up the cheaper for the customer, longer message viewed.
The actual wall vinyl seemed pricey compared to a calendered vinyl. I just wasn’t sure if over time maybe the regular calendered vinyl loosens and would be okay to use.

CanuckSigns

Pretty much all vinyl made for walls has a removable adhesive that will eventually turn permanent If left up for long enough, usually this is a year.

When we do permanent wall graphics, we print a a higher end 3.mil calendared, such as oracal 3651, 3M 40c, Arlon 4600 etc. Yes it will damage the drywall underneath when removed, but so will the removable Wall vinyl if left on too long.

The other option is phototex, it's a.little bit more $ but it works really well, and shouldn't damage the wall when removed.

C

ColoPrinthead

I have had good luck with Avery 2611 and removed it easily without damage after 2 years on two occasions.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have to install a companies logo and slogan in their store on a few interior painted walls. What type of vinyl would you recommend? I have used regular vinyl on walls years ago and it peeled the drywall when they (family) took it off. I looked at a supplier that sells vinyl for walls and it seemed quite expensive. It will be up for a long period of time I assume but I wouldn’t want it to peel drywall if they decided to take it off. Thanks for your help!

Is wide format printing not your main business?

particleman

I've said it many times from experience, just use Phototex. When someone recommends a wall vinyl keep in mind the type of machine, border they are using, type of wall, etc all factor into whether you get the dreaded call "my graphics are peeling off". What worked for them may not work for you. From years and years of experience phototex just works basically every time, I've personally used it on solvent, eco solvent, and latex.

chadorama

Owner & Sole Employee
Photo Tex. I've used it on a bunch of walls and never had a damage problem. I've even removed a Photo Tex graphic that was up for 2 years and put a backing on it and re-installed at another location. Most amazing material for wall graphics ever!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Mojave Sign Ad is great for walls and windows. We have had some signs up in our lobby for 5 years and they still peel off, although it gets harder every year.