• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl for waterbased inkjets

teamrolex

Hi,

Very new to this, hope you can help.
What kind of vinyl does water based large format water based inkjets (like . . Designjet 5500 or others) use ?

And if I am not wrong, some print shops use this type of solution for crisp looking indoor use versus solvent based solutions (outdoor). Mostly with lamination.

I know HP sells these type of Vinyls.

Are these commonly referred to as "coated vinyl".

Thanks.
Rog

CS-SignSupply

Yes they are coated and widely available... I am adding a line to my site this week that should be able to help you out...

Are you looking for pressure sensitive adhesive backed vinyl? What inkset are you using in your HP? I supply a really good third party ink to a few beer distributors for their HP's.

Feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email and I will get you media and ink pricing.

jmcnicoll

There are many brands and types to choose from. Lexjet has some very nice options and also carries name brand stuff. Adhesive back Polypropylene tends to be a little less money and may be a better choice depending on the application.

jim

teamrolex

Thanks for the replies.
Are desktop water based inkjets able to print on these coated medias ?
If yes do I need matching laminate to waterproof these printouts ?

Thanks.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hi,

Very new to this, hope you can help.
What kind of vinyl does water based large format water based inkjets (like . . Designjet 5500 or others) use ?

And if I am not wrong, some print shops use this type of solution for crisp looking indoor use versus solvent based solutions (outdoor). Mostly with lamination.

I know HP sells these type of Vinyls.

Are these commonly referred to as "coated vinyl".

Thanks.
Rog

I have a full line of inkjet media especially for the HP-5000/5500 I also sell the OEM UV HP inks for only $185 per color. Let me know if you want to see my price list.