Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions Vinyl grain bags

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by sl_riverrat, May 23, 2020.

1. sl_riverrat

sl_riverrat New Member

Jan 28, 2016
    New York
    Have a customer that receives it's supplies in vinyl woven grain bags. They want to repurpose them and add their logo. Looking for other ideas, the only one I have is make a stencil and have them spray painted.

Tags:
  2. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

May 7, 2019
    Wisconsin
    HUH ?

3. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    I'm assuming they're the plastic "burlap" bags, typically known as sandbags to those in flood-prone areas.

Yep, you can stencil them. Cut your logo from high tack vinyl and put it on a framed piece of window screen and paint them with spray paint, or a roller.

They're usually made of polypropylene and not a lot sticks to it. I've heard Krylon makes a paint that sticks to polypro...it's called "Fusion". I've never tried it.

JB

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  4. sl_riverrat

sl_riverrat New Member

Jan 28, 2016
    New York
    They are a brewery and yes a polypropylene bag. They have over two hundred and believe they want to make growler carriers. I've done a bunch of work for them, trailer wrap, tap handle decals, banners. No money in this job, just trying to help and free beer. I was thinking a reusable thin cardboard type stencil even.

5. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Plotter cut vinyl on a window screen will allow you to avoid having "bridges" on your letters. Place a set of small hinges on the frame and screw it to a piece of plywood and you'll have a bonafide screen printing press. With 200+ bags to print, you'll be able to knock them out in no time.

JB

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. sl_riverrat

sl_riverrat New Member

Jan 28, 2016
    New York
    Awesome, thanks. Great idea. Not my area. I knew someone here would have a solution.

7. Reveal1

Reveal1 Active Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    You've inspired the print geek in me; can't wait to try this. Wondering how the polypro will hold up to the heat cure.