• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Vinyl grain bags

sl_riverrat

Have a customer that receives it's supplies in vinyl woven grain bags. They want to repurpose them and add their logo. Looking for other ideas, the only one I have is make a stencil and have them spray painted.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Have a customer that receives it's supplies in vinyl woven grain bags. They want to repurpose them and add their logo. Looking for other ideas, the only one I have is make a stencil and have them spray painted.

I'm assuming they're the plastic "burlap" bags, typically known as sandbags to those in flood-prone areas.

Yep, you can stencil them. Cut your logo from high tack vinyl and put it on a framed piece of window screen and paint them with spray paint, or a roller.

They're usually made of polypropylene and not a lot sticks to it. I've heard Krylon makes a paint that sticks to polypro...it's called "Fusion". I've never tried it.

JB

Last edited:

sl_riverrat

I'm assuming they're the plastic "burlap" bags, typically known as sandbags to those in flood-prone areas.

Yep, you can stencil them. Cut your logo from high tack vinyl and put it on a framed piece of window screen and paint them with spray paint, or a roller.

They're usually made of polypropylene and not a lot sticks to it. I've heard Krylon makes a paint that sticks to polypro...it's called "Fusion". I've never tried it.

JB
They are a brewery and yes a polypropylene bag. They have over two hundred and believe they want to make growler carriers. I've done a bunch of work for them, trailer wrap, tap handle decals, banners. No money in this job, just trying to help and free beer. I was thinking a reusable thin cardboard type stencil even.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
They are a brewery and yes a polypropylene bag. They have over two hundred and believe they want to make growler carriers. I've done a bunch of work for them, trailer wrap, tap handle decals, banners. No money in this job, just trying to help and free beer. I was thinking a reusable thin cardboard type stencil even.

Plotter cut vinyl on a window screen will allow you to avoid having "bridges" on your letters. Place a set of small hinges on the frame and screw it to a piece of plywood and you'll have a bonafide screen printing press. With 200+ bags to print, you'll be able to knock them out in no time.

JB

Last edited:

sl_riverrat

Plotter cut vinyl on a window screen will allow you to avoid having "bridges" on your letters. Place a set of small hinges on the frame and screw it to a piece of plywood and you'll have a bonafide screen printing press. With 200+ bags to print, you'll be able to knock them out in no time.

JB
Awesome, thanks. Great idea. Not my area. I knew someone here would have a solution.

Reveal1

JB
You've inspired the print geek in me; can't wait to try this. Wondering how the polypro will hold up to the heat cure.