• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Graphics on Metal Building

daenterpri

I need some advice on installing vinyl on a metal building. It's a big logo. Because of the ridges and pattern that metal buildings generally have, do I need to stretch the design a certain width to get it to show up correctly from the street? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mosh

Why not paint it on. Would be way easier...Been there done that both ways.

I did NOT stretch anyways to the original question.

daenterpri

Thanks! Because of the complexity of some of the artwork with gradients, it might be best in this case to use vinyl. Good to know you didn't stretch it. Thanks!

AUTO-FX

I once had a customer with a fleet of corrogated 50 ft trailers, and they refused sign panels. I would run a tape line to follow, and just go with the peaks and valleys. The only stretching was to keep it following the tape line,witch I always did approaching the peak, and a little in the very bottom of the valley 'corners'. it's rough going, so charge appropriately.

2B

I make a sign with dibond and install on the building. Fasten into the frame work.

+1

this will be the easiest way.

applying directly to the panels, be it corrugated metal, R panels, etc.. will be a PITA

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Soooooo......... does anybody know what this OP did for this particular job some 6 months ago ?? :wink:

stoliker

take a scrap piece of vinyl, say 40". Apply the vinyl to the building. Measure applied vinyl Let say it is 30" after application. You need to stretch your design an extra 25% to make the design look right after it is applied.

Hope that helps and I understood the question.