• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Install Class???

Sticky Signs

I've seen lots of adds for vehicle wrap classes but is there such a thing as just an all around, general install class?

njshorts

imho, you'll only learn so much at a class... make friends with an installer or another shop- you'll learn a lot of methods and tricks that a class will never teach.

Sticky Signs

Ooops, I should clarify. I'm pretty comfortable installing vinyl on just about anything. Problem is that I can't find the time to do everything so I'd like to hire someone to do installs. I also don't have the time to train anyone either. Any good installer in town already has a job. In an ideal world, I'd like to find the right candidate and send them to "install school" to at least learn the basics.

mikey-Oh

Our local votech actually has a vinyl class. We sent a new hire there a few years ago and he ended up teaching the class and instructor a couple things

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The problem with sending out for training is that your guy won't learn the same methods and terminology as you. Train him yourself and save a ton of grief later.

Sticky Signs

Mickey, I am going to assume this was either a bad experience or completely waist of money.

I hear you loud and clear Fred. In the past, I've always found it easier to train someone green. You don't have to break any bad habits.

So, does this mean there's no such a thing????

mikey-Oh

Mickey sez yes, might as well train yr own. Don't know about classes in your area, but Fred makes a morethansolid point