• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl/Lam Combo Preference for Vehicle Wraps

gplough

Can you give me opinions / preferences on material combos for doing wraps? Are there some that are maybe easier to install than others? Some that you would say, "Stay away from that crap"...

Thanks,
Greg

TXFB.INS

there are countless threads on this, may want to try a search for more details.

the shop I work at uses Oracal 3751 & 290
3M is the other top wrap material suppler

rjssigns

We use Arlon 6000XRP for everything outdoors. Wrap wise we only do partials. But we do supply another shop and their installers love it. IMO Arlon laminate is the best I've used so far. Lays down nice and is super glossy, but that's just my opinion. YMMV

We got away from 3M because I didn't feel it was worth the $300 premium over Arlon. We've used Oracal too and it's good material.

I believe it's what you get used to. As you get more experience with anything the job tends to get easier.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
3M or Avery for wraps.

Oracal 3951 and 290 is only about $100 cheaper per kit and will add $100s of dollars to the install and removal time. Unless your shop is 70 deg it will fight you on the install and when it comes to removal you better get it off in under 4 years on the vertical surface, 3 on horizontal and it will still take twice as long as 3M or Avery.

I don't have enough long term experience with the other brands to comment on them.