• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl lettering on vinyl siding?

Stacey K

I like making signs
I've never done this! Does vinyl stick to vinyl siding? I don't see why not?

They would like the building address and the words Community Center on the vinyl. Please advise...thank you!

Attachments

• community center entrance .jpg
    community center entrance .jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 299

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes, you can do it, just make sure it's 110% clean.

However, a nicer approach would be to put a panel of ACM or whatever up there and give it some 'oomph'. This would make it look like it was on purpose, instead of an afterthought.​

Stacey K

I like making signs
Yes, you can do it, just make sure it's 110% clean.

However, I nicer approach would be to put a panel of ACM or whatever up there and give it some 'oomph'. This would make it look like it was on purpose, instead of an afterthought.​
I totally agree, I'm going to price that out and the vinyl lettering on the same estimate! Thanks for the quick response!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
To get your point across, you can explain to them, you can put a pinstripe on it, a border or even a different color background. You can do so much more with a flat canvas vs. that stepping of the siding.

By the way, vinyl on vinyl..... there's no better adhesion than that.​

Stacey K

I like making signs
I priced them about the same LOL I'm trying to steer her towards the sign...cheap and tacky is exactly what I was thinking, especially for a city building!