Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vinyl lettering on vinyl siding?

Discussion in 'Installation Equipment & Techniques' started by Stacey K, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Stacey K

Stacey K I like making signs

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    I've never done this! Does vinyl stick to vinyl siding? I don't see why not?

They would like the building address and the words Community Center on the vinyl. Please advise...thank you!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Yes, you can do it, just make sure it's 110% clean.

However, a nicer approach would be to put a panel of ACM or whatever up there and give it some 'oomph'. This would make it look like it was on purpose, instead of an afterthought.​

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Stacey K

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    I totally agree, I'm going to price that out and the vinyl lettering on the same estimate! Thanks for the quick response!

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    To get your point across, you can explain to them, you can put a pinstripe on it, a border or even a different color background. You can do so much more with a flat canvas vs. that stepping of the siding.

By the way, vinyl on vinyl..... there's no better adhesion than that.​

• Like Like x 1
  5. BobM

BobM Very Active Member

May 31, 2008
    Cape Cod
    The vinyl will stick but it will look so cheap and tacky.

6. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    I would tend to price the two about the same.
    Give me a difficult/time consuming fab with a quick install any day, as opposed to an easy/quick fab with a stupid long hot install!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Stacey K

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    I priced them about the same LOL I'm trying to steer her towards the sign...cheap and tacky is exactly what I was thinking, especially for a city building!