• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl letters on top of mirrored tint - what color?

JoySigns

My client has a door that they want their logo on, however they're tinting it first with a mirrored tint. Which color shows up better: white or black?

MikePro

white with black outline

or better yet... plot an outline around their logo on the tint prior to install, white graphics applied to center afterwards

Fitch

Dont forget... depending on the thickness of the glass, if the tint is applied to the inside and graphics to the outside, it ( the graphics ) may very well cast its own natural shadow.

Cheers - G

JoySigns

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. I like the idea of cutting an oversize outline of the image in the tint, but I didn't apply the tint. The (cheapie) customer only wanted black or white. They went with white and they are happy with it. With the mirror tint applied to the inside and the graphics on the outside of the door there was a slight but nice shadow on the graphics. Incidentally when I got there to apply this my squeegee was missing, so I used my debit card. In my mind each swipe of the card actually was crediting the account (albeit by a very small amount)!