• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Lifting from Corflute

Hi, I am having trouble with top laminated polymeric vinyl lifting off a Corflute board where the folding creases are. It also appears that the top laminate has developed air bubbles that weren't there originally. The board has 4 slits in the back so that it can fold up (printed vinyl side folds inwards). The boards are designed to be free standing in an open C shape. I have also tried a high tack vinyl with matching over laminate but still having the same problem. Any ideas why they are lifting? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 133

klingsdesigns

I have a feeling thats always going to happen when you have a full sheet laid on it and your trying to bend vinyl into itself.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Maybe let them set up for a day or 2 before folding so the glue has time to bond with the coro.
It would be pain but if it won't stay seam the folds so there is a way for the vinyl to shift into the fold without pushing off the coro.

wayne k
guam usa

Brink

I agree that this will likely always be a problem on this kind of a fold. You could try an edge sealer like 3M 3950.