• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl master pro....

PROBIRD

So my hard drive crashed and i just replaced it and went to vmp to reregister and low and behold, i have to now pay 750.00 MORE dollars to actually cut something.
Perfect example of american business. If we quit supporting our program that all the customers ALREADY PAID FOR and replace it with a new and "better" program we can make more money.

Maybe you should give a bigger discount for making a program that unregisters for daylight savings time and causing your customers unjust problems and wasting their precious time in life jumping thru hoops to reregister every 6 months.

Glad the big three auto makers do not think that way.
Maybe they should stop making parts for the taurus engine and just sell an entire new one when your valve cover cracks or you need a new alternator.

There i think i am thru bit%^ing, but very unhappy with this way of accruing more money this way, at this time in OUR country.

Jim Doggett

So my hard drive crashed and i just replaced it and went to vmp to reregister and low and behold, i have to now pay 750.00 MORE dollars to actually cut something.
Perfect example of american business. If we quit supporting our program that all the customers ALREADY PAID FOR and replace it with a new and "better" program we can make more money.

Maybe you should give a bigger discount for making a program that unregisters for daylight savings time and causing your customers unjust problems and wasting their precious time in life jumping thru hoops to reregister every 6 months.

Glad the big three auto makers do not think that way.
Maybe they should stop making parts for the taurus engine and just sell an entire new one when your valve cover cracks or you need a new alternator.

There i think i am thru bit%^ing, but very unhappy with this way of accruing more money this way, at this time in OUR country.

Or get out of the barrel and into headache-free, #1 selling, FlexiSIGN-based and affordable Vinyl Express LXi :^)

http://www.signwarehouse.com/software/ve/main.htm

PROBIRD

Is their customer service better than vinyl master pro service?

Anyone else may have some links to software to use with corel or adobe?

signguy 55

I bought the program years ago, I think I paid $299 for it. For me it was worth it for the fonts that could be installed, I have used dozens of them over the years. I can load these without the program being installed.

I am always leery of software makers who never advertise in trade publications, magazines, etc. I have yet to see their name listed in any buyer's guide or anything else.

If your software is so good and 1/10 of the price of name brand software why don't you advertise?

What these guys are doing is basically paying for research and development by making people pay when a computer crashes to reset the program. Seems like their manual said if your hard drive was going to fail you would have to tell them in advance!

Jim Doggett

I am always leery of software makers who never advertise in trade publications, magazines, etc. I have yet to see their name listed in any buyer's guide or anything else.

We could advertise Vinyl Express LXi in magazines. SignWarehouse is a very large and well financed company. But we've found our SignWarehouse Catalog to be more cost efficient and effective ... making us number one in sales of FlexiSIGN (and LXi), Graphtec Cutters, Mutoh Printers (and PrismJET). So that enables us to pass less cost onto our customers than if we ran a magazine ad campaign.

We also provide 7-day support, in house. We have an amazing online knowledgebase that Flexi users from around the globe (who buy from other dealers) access daily and in large numbers. (ref: www.signwarehouse.com/support)

And definitely, if someone loses a hard drive or whatever, email us and we'll gladly resend the license key code. If going from XP to Windows 7 you'll need to upgrade to our latest version; but you'll also be brought fully up-to-date with the newest and best version, along with most everything else being fresh and new via the new computer or Windows version. I think that's reasonable, and we have 10s of thousands of happy customers as a result.

So I'm proud to be with SignWarehouse, even when I'm reading magazines that do not include our ads :^)

PROBIRD

Does anyone use cocout from roland?
I have a camm1 cx24 and corel 10, will these work together and does it matter if you have windows 7 or xp?

I replaced my hard drive in my xp machine just so i could use vinylmaster but have a new machine i bought to replace it while i was on vacation when the drive failed.

Thanks for any input.

signguy 55

I'm not talking about LXI. Most sign people know that's a lower version of Flexi. I have some friends that use it and love it.

I'm talking about software for a few hundred dollars that almost strangles your computer just to register (which VMPro does). Just provide a dongle like the top tier programs have.

You want a cheap program buy a cheap program, and then be missing drivers etc when you want to cut something.

Jim Doggett

I'm not talking about LXI. Most sign people know that's a lower version of Flexi. I have some friends that use it and love it.

I'm talking about software for a few hundred dollars that almost strangles your computer just to register (which VMPro does). Just provide a dongle like the top tier programs have.

You want a cheap program buy a cheap program, and then be missing drivers etc when you want to cut something.

Sorry; my bad!!!! :doh:

But not a "lower version," per se. Just different features enabled, at the various levels, to better support the equipment we sell and the features most of our customers seem to want and use. So we sell a ton of LXi in comparison to our branded FlexiSIGN sales. But we have both. So customers are given a choice, much more so than if we only offered one.

Techman

Just provide a dongle like the top tier programs have.

Vetric Aspire uses no dongle. It uses a registration system that works very well. I really love this system.

Anyway I think Corel draw and Cocut is a good answer to all this crap. Thousands of fonts, and art pieces and no problems re installing. Ever!

PROBIRD

What is "roland cut studio" Kinda confused on this as cocut is 699.00 and cut studio software is 69.00. Is the cut studio software an add on for something? What is it i would need to cut standard letter vinyl with no printing.

Thanks again.

CoCut USA

What is "cocut software" Kinda confused on this as cocut is 699.00 and cocut software is 69.00. Is the cocut software an add on for the cocut? What is it i would need to cut standard letter vinyl with no printing.

Thanks again.

Hi Probird,

CoCut is a cutting plug-in for CorelDRAW and Illustrator. List prices are $399 and $699 (CoCut Pro). However, there's Signs 101 Member Only Store at: http://www.cocutusa.com/?page_id=671. S101 Memebers get 20% off.

Features of standard vs. pro are here: http://www.cocutusa.com/?page_id=18

The best part of CoCut is you cut directly out of CorelDRAW or Illustrator, and it makes your designs vinyl-ready, to a degree, by spearating colors automatically and converting line-weights to cuttable objects, by either clicking a button or choosing File > Cut in your design software.

It saves the hassle and file duplication of export-import, not to mention file inconsistencies that export-import can entail.

And we're very, very up-to-date, with support for 500 cutter models, Windows 7, CorelDRAW X5 and Illustrator CS5, as well as earlier versions going back a ways, since CoCut was the first vinyl cutting plug-in on the market, back in 1994.

Thanks!

PS: Standard CoCut is ideal vinyl-cutting. CoCut Pro does that as well as handling die-cutting printed graphics using the various optical alignment systems, such as Graphtec ARMS and Summa OPOS/2/X. Sorry for not mentioning that before.

Best!

Jim / CoCut USA
www.cocutusa.com

Last edited:

Techman

I've been talking up cocut for years on all the boards. I really like the product.
I just looked at the latest goodies for adding in to Corel X5 an adobe CS5. I really like what I see.

So, with that I believe I will look at paying that nominal charge to get the latest version of cocut pro. Upgrading from X3 to X5 looks like a done deal. Plus I get to use it with Autocad too. This will be a perfect addition to my CNC work.

S'N'S

As far as I'm concerned Vinyl Master is the best program I have ever used and does more than most programs om the market & there support is brilliant. I very seldom use even Corel or Illustrator any more since buying Vinyl Master expert, which is a full on design program for cut and print, but if your only after a cutting program, you can buy the new Pro and doesn't need a dongle. I take it that you have the old dongle version which is no longer supported, if however you have the new version you should be able to re-register (free), if not contact support. I have only ever Registered once and I was one of the first to buy the program when it came out.
Also they have online how-to video's explaining how to use the different utilities in their program.

Expert http://www.vinylmasterseries.com/en/products_vmx.html

Pro http://www.vinylmasterseries.com/en/products_vmp.html

Usual blah blah not associated with them, just love the program.

Dave Drane

As far as I'm concerned Vinyl Master is the best program I have ever used and does more than most programs om the market & there support is brilliant. I very seldom use even Corel or Illustrator any more since buying Vinyl Master expert, which is a full on design program for cut and print, but if your only after a cutting program, you can buy the new Pro and doesn't need a dongle. I take it that you have the old dongle version which is no longer supported, if however you have the new version you should be able to re-register (free), if not contact support. I have only ever Registered once and I was one of the first to buy the program when it came out.
Also they have online how-to video's explaining how to use the different utilities in their program.

Expert http://www.vinylmasterseries.com/en/products_vmx.html

Pro http://www.vinylmasterseries.com/en/products_vmp.html

Usual blah blah not associated with them, just love the program.

I also have been using it from the start and I am extremely happy with it as a second program. It is much better for outling shading etc. compared to Signlab:thumb:

nass

Hi guys new to the forum - I too have been using the new XPT for about 8 months - I have been doing vinyl cut for about 5 years and used the old VMP with great success, stepped up to the XPT version as soon as I could as I am looking to learn more about the printing side of the world. Found it much easier to learn than Corel and AI.
I am having a problem at the moment however so would be interested in your feedback if you have had the same. When using the mask editor I seem to be getting a lot of application errors, also happens if using a complex font and apply a block shadow etc. When it happens many times the file becomes corupt and is becoming very frustrating. Currently working with support but I think they are unsure of the issue. I have tried everything I can think of to resolve.

(Still give it a thumbs up as I think it may be a conflict / processor problem)

Running Win7 (64bit), ATI Radeon 1gb Graphics card, I7 Processor, 8GB Ram - (has plenty of grunt)

Williams Signs

Does COCut handle RIP function. Would love to be able to print straight from Corel or Illy without having to use Flexi. Hate having to go in and recolor everything after I export from Corel or AI for print. Exporting gradients from Corel and Ai into Flexi are the worst.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Does COCut handle RIP function. Would love to be able to print straight from Corel or Illy without having to use Flexi. Hate having to go in and recolor everything after I export from Corel or AI for print. Exporting gradients from Corel and Ai into Flexi are the worst.

No reason to recolor in Flexi.
Open up just the program manager and leave the main app closed.
Export your graphic as an eps or pdf out of Ai or Corel - drag and drop it directly into the program manager.
Should get the colors you expect if you have your media profiles set up correctly.

wayne k
guam usa