• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Master XPT with HP L25500??

Azbowtie

Does anyone know if Vinyl Master XPT will work as the RIP software for my newly purchased HP L25500? I already have the Vinyl Master PRO software that I use for my vinyl cutters and have been very happy with it. I have emailed their customer service MANY times over the last couple weeks and have had no response to my actual question on whether it will work with my printer. I am very concerned with their lack of customer service which in my experience absolutely sucks....but if the software works I would still be interested just because of their price point, even though I'm going in already knowing they apparently have ZERO customer service. Any input with experience on whether the 2 will work together would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Sean

Typestries

Does the machine have an optical recognition system? You'll need that to register the crop marks the printer prints to the plotter.

Even if your RIP does not make the crops your plotter needs, you can always make your own proper crops in your design software, and place them in manually, then print and cut. It's tedious, but it works. We did this for years when using a specific older roland cutter we held on to for backup work. Using the automated software that graphtec has is way smoother and IMO worth the investment in their hardware.

thx
Rick

S'N'S

Does anyone know if Vinyl Master XPT will work as the RIP software for my newly purchased HP L25500? I already have the Vinyl Master PRO software that I use for my vinyl cutters and have been very happy with it. I have emailed their customer service MANY times over the last couple weeks and have had no response to my actual question on whether it will work with my printer. I am very concerned with their lack of customer service which in my experience absolutely sucks....but if the software works I would still be interested just because of their price point, even though I'm going in already knowing they apparently have ZERO customer service. Any input with experience on whether the 2 will work together would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Sean

Interesting, I have never had a problem when it came to customer service from Future Corp. Have you tried submitting a ticket (if your registered) on there site. I have VMP Xpt but is an older version and love it, better than any other I've tried, but I don't have a HPL25500.
You may have tried here http://www.vinylmasterxpt.com/support/ go down to "wide format printers" support.
Have you checked that a reply hasn't been sent and sitting in your junk/spam folder.

Azbowtie

Interesting, I have never had a problem when it came to customer service from Future Corp. Have you tried submitting a ticket (if your registered) on there site. I have VMP Xpt but is an older version and love it, better than any other I've tried, but I don't have a HPL25500.
You may have tried here http://www.vinylmasterxpt.com/support/ go down to "wide format printers" support.
Have you checked that a reply hasn't been sent and sitting in your junk/spam folder.

I have downloaded the demo and it only lists 1 HP printer, and not the one I have. I have also checked all my spam folders for replies. I have had replies from them but they said I needed to talk to Tony and I have NO responses from Tony that answers any of my questions. I guess Im going to have to go buy Onyx Postershop but I was really hoping to use their software for not only the price but for the ease of use since I already have their other software, but I dont have weeks to wait around for an answer to a simple question.

Laz0924

Your Pro version should work if they have a driver for your printer, the difference between versions is more features in XPT, unless you have a very old version it should work go on their support page for wide format printers and see if there is a driver for your printer.
Also there is a member here that has responded on future corp's behalf if you do a search for vinyl master the threads will come up his avatar is a golden eagle I think his name is shaun