• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl on a cling background?

jmmccann

I have been asked to do a window cling for a real estate client. I have not yet gotten into printing as my aging Roland needs a new printhead and I was wondering if there was a way I could apply vinyl to a clear window cling material? The sign is only for when the vehicle is parked and needs to be removable for clients who don't wish to be identified as selling their house by their neighbours.

Is there a thin type of vinyl I could apply to the cling that would put up with being rolled up or removed without wrinkling? Anyone tried this?

Thanks,

Jeff.

Salmoneye

I didn't see the window part, I guess that you could try to mount vinyl to static clean material. I think it might blow of after a few applications.

in due time I'm sure the vinyl shrinking would cause the static cling material to crinkle and it would no longer stick properly. I would try it with cast vinyl if nothing else.

Salmoneye

Yeah, it's just a bad idea all the way around. Sell him a yard sign or a magnet for his car. Even if it did work he would trash it in 2 seconds.

ChicagoGraphics

It works but not for very long, maybe sell them on one of them type of signs that either uses suction cups or has a bracket that goes on the window the raise the window up, I for got what there called.

johnnysigns

I had good success doing this although I don't know if they held long term, they were for seasonal stuff. If in doubt they can always apply the cling wet and it'll stick 99% of the time and should hold if they don't move it.