• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl on glass refection issue

elegant

tint is not an option. client doesnt want a dark color glass. would putting a frosted color vinyl help?

MikePro

seriously tho, frosted will help but won't solve your issue. there will still be a Hotspot, slightly duller than the glare but annoying nonetheless. deal with the light source instead of trying to make the window work with it

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't understand the question at all. I don't think it's the OP's spelling, either. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Is this a store front window or door, an electric sign face, vehicle...... and what's a ficture in glass..... or a refection ??

Marlene

are they trying to make the window not shiny so it reflects light fixtures? frosted would work but you won't see thru it. maybe a matte clear vinyl?

ova

Sounds to me that the glass is acting like a mirror. When the light is on, it reflects it's image in the window. Sort of like seeing the lamp in the TV screen when watching at night??????

Try a dimmer swich on the light. Adjust to the correct lighting.

Dave

Billct2

vinyl on glass reflection issue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what can i add to glass to avoid the light fixture reflection?

so if that's what you meant, you want to do something so you can't see the reflection of the light fixtures in the glass? This has nothing to do with lettering or graphics on the glass, just the reflection?
You've already got the three best answers
1. Tint which you say you can't do, why not? there are lots of very light tints
2. frosted vinyl, which wouldn't really be all that different than tinting
3. deal with the source and change the light fixtures so they don't reflect in the glass