• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl on rubber mud flaps

bradsc1954

I have a customer that recently purchased a dump truck. Other than the doors, he would like his company name on the mud flaps. I told him I was not sure about and would hunt around. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Brad

equippaint

I would like to know the answer to this as well if you ever find it.
We've put vinyl on the cheap plastic mudflaps but it did not stay.
We were going to order a bunch of them with our company logo (hot stamped or printed) but the information was a bit overwhelming so I shelved the idea. There's different ways to do it and even more types and sizes of mudflaps. I wanted a decent product so that the customers wouldn't take them off and trash them right away.

CL Visual

Does anyone know of a good vendor to order custom mudflaps? If I could find the material, I'm sure I could print on flatbed but that's just for the crappy generic ones. Some people want the nicer styles.

Oroscoe

Try Ritrama vinyl with 99X (X99) adhesive. We found great success when needing something for low surface energy substrates such as portalets. The adhesive is extremely aggressive and just might work

Signs 'n' Stuff

Hi Brad
if you make your own mudflaps from HDPE sheet around 4-6mm ( 5/32 to 1/4 inch ) you will have quite a robust mudflap that avery 4000 will stick to quite well. We use this sheet for the gates on brick trucks.
Brett

MikePro

+1 arlon dpf8000. sticks great. however, i would recommend limiting the complexity of your cutcontour. a rectangle will usually last a lot longer than individually-cut letters, considering the wear/tear those mudflaps go through.

if a simple one color logo, screen printing would also be legit....or a stencil & spraycan.