• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl on trailer covers

I have a truck driver who recently bought a new trailer. Sort of a flatbed kind with a large black flex face/awning looking material that acts as a cover. He wants a logo applied to the side of the trailer cover. I'm pretty sure a premium cast vinyl will adhere well, but if the cover gets rolled, bent, or twisted funny will it cause damage to the vinyl that could prematurely compromise it's durability or appearance? I've never done one of these before so I'm hoping someone may have some input. Thanks.

I can post pics tomorrow if necessary.

kanini

Avery has a product, 2200 SignFlex that is meant for application on flexible curtains/curtainsides on trailers etc. Don't know how well it works though but you could check it out. I don't know if it's available in the US or if it goes by another name...

Last edited:

Patentagosse

Not the right way to do it. 'Been there, 'done that...

Here's the picture. I've done this job for an owner/operator of my neighborhood wanting the same design I did on the cab but scaled to fit his new tarpaulin. Job done with 3M IJ180C + liquid laminate (graphics were about 4' x 4', everything is printed, even the ½ line). Post-heated carefully. 6 months later, it began to crack & peel.

'Must admit it has been done in October so the first 6 months were the coldest ones the graphics could stand here in Canada (-30°C, sometimes more...)

Same job in Florida, expect better durability...

Other tarpaulins around here for big fleets are usually screenprinted or digital.

Here's the link of a big mfg of tarps (same as on my picture): http://www.rollingtarps.com/flatbed-trailer-rolling-tarps.html

Attachments

• P1010013.jpg
    P1010013.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 96