• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl preference from installers?

steve.leleaux

I am hoping to find a possible close equivalent to 3M's 7725 dusted crystal vinyl that is "easier" to work with/install. I am not doing the installs myself but have had constant complaints and problems reported. I'm having to replace it at least twice on every job. I want to give our customers what they need and have the installs go as smoothly as possible as well. Any recommendations?

Thank you in advance.

Letterbox Mike

All of the frosted films are tricky to work with, I've always found 3M's to be the most difficult though. We've been using Oracal's 8510 coarse frosted for the last few years and have found it to be the easiest to work with (relatively speaking) compared to other films out there (MacTac, Avery, 3M, etc.).

3M's Fasara films are really nice too, and to me they seemed easier to install than 3M's regular frosted/dusted films. I think they have a few frosted textures so you may check that out. It is expensive in comparison though.

ucmj22

I have had no problems with 3m Dusted crystal. it is one of the few films I apply wet though.